Senior Services & Resources
The Opportunity Alliance (TOA) offers several programs to help with heating improvements and costs for those families that meet income eligibility requirements.
Help paying for basic needs
- General Assistance - The Town of Cape Elizabeth administers a Welfare/General Assistance program that provides confidential financial assistance to residents who are having difficulty meeting basic needs for housing, utilities, food, medications etc.
- Thomas Jordan Trust - The Thomas Jordan Trust is a local resource administered by the Town of Cape Elizabeth to help Cape Elizabeth citizens.
Property Tax Assistance
Cape Elizabeth Community Services offers a variety of activities and events to keep you connected, active, learning and laughing. Enroll in a fitness class, attend senior swim, sign up for a learning lunch or hop aboard their minibus for one of their trips. Resident taxpayers age 62 and older qualify for senior rates and receive a 20-percent discount on qualifying programs.
- Regional Transportation Program, Inc. (RTP) is a private, non-profit, United Way agency that provides publicly funded, low-cost transportation to persons in Cumberland County who need rides.
- Independent Transportation Network provides a community-based, community-supported, economically viable and consumer-oriented, quality transportation service for seniors and adults with visual impairment.
Cape Elizabeth Faith Communities
Churches in Cape Elizabeth offer programs and assistance to address the physical, social and spiritual needs of elderly:
Safety for Seniors
South Portland/Cape Elizabeth TRIAD - This program of the Cape Elizabeth and South Portland police departments offers supports for seniors and residents of Cape Elizabeth including daily check in, file-of-life packets, and monthly learning sessions on safety, well-being and quality of life issues for seniors
Senior Health Care in Cape
These providers located in Cape Elizabeth specialize in care for the elderly:
- Coastal Rehab - Occupational, physical and speech therapy services. Geriatric rehabilitation at home or on site
- The Landing at Cape Elizabeth - Assisted-living residences with personal care services
- Cape Memory Care - Residential living facility for persons with Alzheimer’s disease, other dementias and memory related impairments