Seven member board
Staggered three-year terms
Meets at 7:00 pm on the third Thursday of the month
Meets at Town Hall
Charge: The purpose of the Energy Committee shall be to promote municipal and community energy efficiency, conservation, and sustainability goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make recommendations to the Town Council of management approaches, policies, programs, and techniques now used by other municipalities in Maine and elsewhere that advance municipal and community energy efficiency, conservation, and sustainability goals.
- Research, evaluate and recommend energy options that implement goals. Evaluation shall include an analysis of anticipated energy cost savings and return on investment.
- Conduct public education and promote energy efficiency, conservation, and sustainable energy efforts and opportunities in our community.
- Collaborate with neighboring communities to pursue environmental sustainability and energy efficiency. (eff. 9-10-2018)
|ENERGY COMMITTEE MEMBERS:|
|Richard A. Parker||12/31/2025|
# - Serving unexpired term
* - Serving third consecutive term