permit art

Permits, Licenses and Registrations

Vehicle Registration

Automobiles, ATVs, boats, snowmobiles ... Frequently Asked Questions | "Rapid Renewal" online renewal service

Great Pond Boat Storage Permits

Residents wishing to leave a boat, canoe or other non-motorized water craft at Great Pond must register their intention with the town manager or the manager's designee

Hunting/Fishing/Dog Licensing

Frequently Asked Questions

Beach Passes

Cape Elizabeth Public Safety will sell passes to use the launch area on the north end of Crescent Beach. Information on passes for other beach use is available from the Maine Department of Conservation..

Construction Permits

  • The Code Enforcement Department processes and approves the required permits for the construction of new structures and electrical, plumbing and heating work as well as signage and various other site amenities. Also, see construction permits for conditional-use permits
  • For street opening, sewer entrance and driveway entrance permits, please contact Public Works
  • For resource-protection or private accessway permits, please contact Planning

Burning Permits

The Town of Cape Elizabeth allows open burning within the Town boarders.  All open burning within the Town of Cape Elizabeth will be in accordance with Maine Forestry Department Laws & Regulations

Community Services

See Community Services for link to online class and activity registration


Information on mooring permits, renewals, rules and regulations are available from the Town of Cape Elizabeth harbormaster

Marriage Licenses

Residents of the State of Maine shall record notice of their intentions to marry in the office of the clerk of the municipality in which at least one of them resides ...

Parades and Processions

Individuals, organizations, and civic groups who wish to sponsor any parade, bike race or other procession along any public way of Cape Elizabeth must first apply for a permit through the Chief of Police.

Recycling Center Permits

Individuals must provide proof of residency (seasonal or year-around) to the attendant at the Recycling Center on Denison Drive ...