Tuesday, April 14, 2015
6:30 p.m. Executive Session
immediately followed by
7:00 p.m. – Regular Business
TOWN COUNCIL CHAMBER
Susana Measelle Hubbs
M. Kate Williams-Hewitt
Sierra Bates Natalie Vaughan
Call to Order/Pledge of Allegiance
1. ADJUSTMENTS TO AGENDA
2. APPROVAL OF SCHOOL BOARD MINUTES
a. Executive Session, Tuesday, March 10, 2015
b. Regular Business, Tuesday, March 10, 2015
c. Workshop, Tuesday, March 17, 2015
d. Workshop, Thursday, March 19, 2015
e. Workshop, Tuesday, March 24, 2015
3. COMMENTS BY STUDENT REPRESENTATIVES
4. COMMENTS FROM PUBLIC ON AGENDA ITEMS
a. Recognitions ~ Cape Special Olympians/Winter athletics/Speech team
b. Administrators’ strategic plan updates
c. Superintendent’s Report
6. NEW BUSINESS
A. Consideration and action to adopt the 2015-‐2016 School Board Budget and the related
B. Consideration and action to adopt the 2015-‐2016 Community Services Budget and the
related revenue components.
C. Consideration to approve revisions to the 2015-‐2016 academic year calendar.
D. Consideration to approve the following job descriptions:
• College Counselor
• Volunteer/Extended Learning Opportunities [ELO] Coordinator
• Director of Special Education
• Director of Instruction
E. Consideration to approve a High School VEX Robotics Team trip to the VEX World Championship (Louisville, Kentucky) April 15-18, 2015.
F. Consideration to approve the following athletic curricular staff nominations.
Kevin Stilphen Lacrosse, girls’ JV
Kurt Chapin Lacrosse, girls’ asst. (booster-funded)
G. Consideration to approve the following policies for second reading
• JFABB – Exchange Student Program
• JFABD – Education of Homeless Students
• JLF – Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect
• JLF-E – Suspected Child Abuse/Neglect Report Form
H. Consideration of the following policies for first reading. No vote required.
• JID – Students of Legal Age
I. Consideration to appoint representative(s) to the Community Services Advisory
Commission for a three-year term to expire December 2017.
J. Consideration to approve an unpaid leave of absence for a Middle School teacher during the 2014‐2015 school year.
7. COMMITTEE REPORTS
8. SCHOOL BOARD AGENDA REQUESTS
9. ANNOUNCEMENTS OF UPCOMING MEETINGS