Hazardous Waste Collection and E-Waste Collection Saturday, May 13
The Town of Cape Elizabeth will hold a Household Hazardous Waste and E-Waste Collection Day from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday, May 13, 2017.
Three or four members of the Recycling Committee will be on hand to answer questions and distribute information.
The collection will be held at the Public Works Building on Cooper Drive, below the Recycling Center.
From the Yard - Pesticides, Insecticides, Fertilizer, Herbicides, Insect Sprays, Pelletized Rodent Killers, Ant Traps, Acids, No-Pest Strips, & Pool Chemicals.
From the Garage - Antifreeze, Brake Fluid, Degreasers, Carburetor Cleaner, Creosote, Fuel Stabilizer, Gasoline, Kerosene, Lighter Fluid, Lamp/Torch Oil, Oil-Based and Lead-Based Paints, Paint Thinner, Solvents and Resins.
From the House - Compact, U-shaped and Tubular Fluorescent Light Bulbs, Fluorescent Ballasts, Drain Cleaners, Furniture Polish, Metal Polish, Moth Balls, Upholstery Cleaners, Photo Chemicals, Floor Cleaners, Bleach, Spot Remover, Button Batteries, Lithium Batteries, Lead Acid Batteries, Ni-Cad Rechargeable Batteries, Old Chemistry Sets, Mercury and Mercury Thermometers, Thermostats, Electronics, Televisions, Computer Monitors, Computer CPUs and peripherals.
From the Workbench - Rust Inhibitors, Aerosols, Wood Preservatives, Varnishes, Wood Strippers, Wood Stains, Paint Thinners, Oil-Based and Lead-Based Paints, Solvents, Degreasers, Sealants, Adhesives, and Pressure-Treated Wood.
- Dropoff limited to Cape Elizabeth residents displaying a valid permit.
- Tighten caps and lids and leave materials in original containers.
- Pack containers in sturdy upright boxes and pad with newspaper. Do not use garbage bags.
- Do not smoke while placing hazardous materials in your vehicle.
- Take items directly to the the Public Works facility at 10 Cooper Drive.
- Follow signage to drop-off area and please stay in your vehicle
- Only household quantities or numbers of items will be accepted.
- Material will not be accepted from businesses and/or commercial haulers.
What NOT To Bring:
Including, but not limited to: Containers and/or Bags Containing Asbestos and/or Asbestos Products/Material, Medical Waste, Items Containing Freon, Radioactive Waste, Commercial Waste, Smoke Detectors, Ammunition, Alkaline Batteries*, Explosives, Marine Flares, Fireworks, Propane Cylinders*, Car Batteries*, Latex Paint*, Tires*, Motor/Hydraulic Oil* and Unknown Items**
*These items are accepted elsewhere at the Recycling Center, with some requiring a disposal fee.
** The town reserves the right to reject any item, if the contractor facilitating the collection for the town refuses to accept it.
Still have questions? Please call the Cape Elizabeth Recycling Center, 207-799-0324; or Public Works, 207-799-4151, email email@example.com