- Births, deaths, and marriages for Cape Elizabeth residents
- Events (birth, death or marriage) occurring in Cape Elizabeth
- Records date from 1895 to the present
- For events occurring in Cape Elizabeth prior to 1895, the records may be filed in the office of the South Portland, Maine City Clerk, (207) 767-7601
Click Here To: Download a Vital Records Form
- Municipalities were not required to file vital records prior to 1892.
- Those requesting copies, in person or by mail, of vital records less than 100 years ago need to provide documentation establishing their right to the documents and verifying their identity. Along with the application, positive identification is required, including, but not limited to, driver’s license, passport or other government issued picture identification.
- $15 for first copy $6 for each additional
Non-Certified Copies (effective 9/1/2015)
- $5 each Please make checks payable to Town of Cape Elizabeth
Forward payment and request to:
320 Ocean House Road
Cape Elizabeth, ME 04107
Request must include:
|Birth ||Birth Name of person at time of birth|
|Date of Birth|
|Marriage ||Name of both parties, including maiden name of bride|
|Date of ceremony|
|Death ||Name of deceased|
|Date of death|
In order for your certified copies to be returned to you, please include your return mailing address.